Ensure you can support the wellbeing of your employees, while also helping to manage expenses, with Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers.
At Edenred we provide a simple solution for managing employee eyecare schemes with eyecare vouchers to cover eye tests and glasses.
Vouchers support your wider employee health and wellbeing strategy
Benefit from NI savings, VAT exemption and deductible Corporation Tax costs
Redeemable at over 96% of opticians across the UK
Ensure the wellbeing of your employees with Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers
It’s estimated that around 60% of the UK population wear glasses, which means that a large portion of any workforce will require them daily.
It’s also required by The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992, that employees who are regular DSE users must be provided with eye examinations and help with the cost of glasses if required.
That’s why Edenred provides an Eyecare Vouchers scheme so you can protect your employees' physical wellbeing and eye health, whilst remaining compliant with the law. The Edenred Eyecare Vouchers scheme is easy to use and helps you to manage the provision of corporate eyecare and the associated expenses.
Simply order books of eye test, spectacles vouchers, or manage your Eyecare Voucher scheme online with Eyecare Plus.
How Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers can benefit everyone
From your business to those managing your eyecare schemes to those that take the tests and wear the glasses, our Eyecare Voucher scheme is designed to help everyone in your organisation and the organisation itself. Here’s how:
Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers and your business
- They help to provide support to a wider employee health and wellbeing strategy
- They provide peace of mind that your scheme is fully compliant
- You will benefit from employer and employee NI savings, VAT exemption, and the costs are deductible for Corporation Tax
Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers and your admin
- Eyecare Vouchers are easy to order with books of vouchers that can be distributed to staff as your need them
- Have better control and oversight of expenses, meaning no more expense claims or petty cash to arrange
- Administrators will have audit and compliance support with a 'certificate of recommendation'
- If you opt for Eyecare Plus, all of the admin will be removed as employees will be able to order vouchers online themselves. We'll then send the vouchers directly to them, with flexible approval options
Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers and your employees
- Vouchers are redeemable at over 96% of opticians across the UK, including many local independent stores
- Employees won’t need to use personal funds to cover costs while waiting for reimbursement
- Better eye health and protection from regular use of DSEs
How Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers work?
If you’re wondering exactly how Eyecare Vouchers with Edenred work, firstly, you should know that there are two different schemes; standard and Plus. Here’s how both of them work.
Eyecare Vouchers standard:
We’ll set you up on our online ordering website and you’ll then need to log in to place orders, manage users, delivery points, and payments
We’ll deliver booklets of vouchers for you to distribute internally to employees
Employees can then redeem the vouchers at 96% of opticians across the UK
Eyecare Vouchers Plus:
We’ll set up an employee ordering website with your brand and employees will then need to log in to request their vouchers
We will then fulfil the order and deliver the vouchers directly to the employee
Employees can then redeem the vouchers at 96% of opticians across the UK
Why Edenred’s Eyecare Vouchers are for everyone
Interested in starting a scheme? Talk to us today!
Frequently asked questions about Edenred's Eyecare Vouchers
Do I have to pay for my Eyecare Vouchers?
Eyecare Vouchers are a benefit employers must give to employees in addition to their salary.
Using Eyecare Vouchers means you’re never out of pocket – you never have to wait for your employer to reimburse you for an eye test or glasses.What are my employer's obligations?
f you regularly use a VDU at work, your employer has an obligation to pay for your annual eye test and, in some cases, for your glasses.
For them, giving you eyecare vouchers is a simple, quick and cost-effective way of meeting their obligation. For you, it’s convenient and means you’re never out of pocket – 96% of optometrists accept our vouchers, and there’s no money involved when you use them.
Under the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulation 1992 you can ask employers to:
- Pay for eye tests at regular intervals
- Pay for glasses if they are specifically needed for VDU work.
Employers also need to provide employees exposed to certain hazards with free safety spectacles.Do I qualify for vouchers?
If you regularly use a VDU as part of your work for periods of over one hour – less in some circumstances – you are covered by the regulations.
Although there’s no legal obligation to provide eye tests for occupational drivers many employers are choosing to do so with Driver Eyecare Vouchers.How much are Eyecare Vouchers worth?
The Edenred examination voucher of £26.95 can be redeemed for an optical assessment. Edenred Spectacle vouchers come in either £75 or £95, which can be redeemed for bifocal, varifocal or basic lenses.
The vouchers cover the cost of basic glasses, but if they don’t fully cover the cost of the pair you want, you can still use them and make up the difference.What are the different types of vouchers?
Eye examination vouchers
Employers are legally obliged to pay for eye tests for employees who use VDUs as part of their work.
The eye examination voucher covers the full cost of a basic eye and eyesight examination at over 96% of UK opticians.
Certificate of recommendationOnce an employee has had their eye examination, a certificate of recommendation will be issued by an optician. The results determine whether you are eligible for a Spectacle voucher, specifically for VDU work.
Employers are legally obliged to pay for glasses that employees need specifically for VDU work. Spectacle vouchers come in denominations of either £75 or £95.
Safety Spectacle Vouchers
Under health and safety regulations, employers are obliged to provide safety spectacles for employees at risk from certain hazards in the workplace.
Where can I use Edenred eyecare vouchers?
Over 7,500 outlets across the UK accept Eyecare Vouchers including Vision Express, Optical Express and the majority of independent opticians. Please confirm with your optician that they are still accepting Eyecare Vouchers before booking your appointment.Does the legislation cover bi-focal lenses, tinted frames or contact lenses?
No, under the legislation it is only basic single vision spectacles that will be provided.What does the Standard Spectacle Voucher provide?
A pair of basic single vision lens spectacles.What is the difference between Box B and Box C on the VDU Certificate of Recommendation?
Box B would be ticked when the prescription is for general use. Box C is when the general use prescription has a particular requirement or change in the prescription for the middle distance range necessary for VDU work.How to use your Eyecare Vouchers
- Your employer will give you your Eye examination vouchers either when you ask for them or automatically.
- You can then use them to cover the cost of a full eye test with an optician of your choice. Edenred corporate eyecare vouchers are accepted by over 96% of optometrists across the UK.
- If you need glasses specifically for VDU work, your employer will give you a Spectacles voucher to cover the cost.
- You can then choose the pair of glasses you really want at any opticians where Eyecare Vouchers are accepted.
Products you may be interested in:
Easily give your team access to hundreds of employee discounts from a range of top brands including tech, fashion and travel
Select Incentive eCodes
Select eCodes make it easy for any organisation to send personalised eCodes rewards to employees in 3 simple steps
Discover a secure, efficient, and engaging way of paying out rewards and incentives with prepaid cards
Edenred offers a comprehensive solution for companies to enhance employee engagement and motivation find the perfect solution for your business
- Help your employees stretch their wages further with the ticket restaurant card, a prepaid card that can be spent at supermarkets, grocery stores, food outlets and restaurants