Carbon Reduction Plan
Edenred (UK Group) Ltd
COMMITMENT TO ACHIEVING NET ZERO
Edenred (UK Group) Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050.
BASELINE EMISSIONS FOOTPRINT
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
|Baseline year: 2013|
|Additional details relating to the baseline emissions calculations.|
|* Historical Scope 3 emissions have not been measured; estimates based on guidance that up to 80% of organisations emissions are scope 3 source guidance from: PRN_0621_Technical_standard_for_the_Completion_of_Carbon_Reduction_Plans_2_.pdf|
|Baseline year emissions:|
|Scope 3||1,052 *|
CURRENT EMISSIONS REPORTING
|Reporting year: 2021|
|Scope 3||640 *|
EMISSIONS REDUCTION TARGETS
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
Reduced GHG emissions intensity was reduced by 39% in 2021 (from 2013 baseline), partly due to wide home working practices. The total reduction target of 26% by 2022 is for now, exceeded and well on the way toward the reduction target of 48% by 2030 and 0% by 2050.
Edenred UK is committed to the Focus on the carbon footprint of our solutions and enhance our climate report disclosure
Climate-related opportunities have been identified through the development of dedicated solutions:
Reducing the carbon footprint, consumption of resources and waste production by improving the energy efficiency of operations and solutions;
Developing low-carbon fleet and mobility solutions and combating food waste;
Managing the footprint of its solutions throughout their life cycle to reduce the use of natural resources and work toward the circular economy.
1. Raising employee awareness about reducing energy use: Posters in the building, information in the welcome kit, specific webinar.
2. Asking from your energy supplier to increase frequency of your invoice if you receive them on an annual basis. It allows to better follow your average and peak consumption.
3. Investing in low-energy appliances: LED lighting, low-energy heaters, more efficient equipment.
4. Decreasing the number of light sources by organising the workplace according to natural light.
5. Favouring central heating rather than individual heating.
6. Implementing Environmental Management System (ISO14001, ISO 50001…).
7. Requesting an energy audit to target weaknesses of your building and identify the levers for reduction. It will give you recommendations to improve the performance and reduce energy waste.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 779 tCO2e by 2026. This is a further reduction of 10% from our 2013 baseline.
CARBON REDUCTION PROJECTS
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2013 baseline.
ISO 14001 – Resource Usage
- 2018/2019 – extended installations of LED lighting across 2 main sites
- 2018 – Heating boiler controls upgraded to improve main HVAC plant
- 2019 – Introduction of Video Conferencing equipment (Lifesize and MS Teams), to reduce travel between sites
- 2022 – introduce more office planting to improve overall office environment and support carbon reduction
- 2022 – review property portfolio / office space for future needs
- 2017 – launch of eGift Card proposition (migration away from paper and plastic solutions)
- 2021 – launch digital Luncheon Vouchers and digital Compliments Vouchers (reducing own paper consumption for voucher production and delivery / transportation)
- 2021/2022 – Introduction of recycled plastic prepaid cards offer for participating clients
- 2022 – developing digital Eyecare Voucher product
- 2022 – Plasticless prepaid card development – 80% of prepaid card issuing to migrate to electronic solution
The carbon emission reduction achieved by these schemes equate to a 32.5%ge reduction against the 2013 baseline and the measures will be in effect when performing the contract.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- More efficient LED Lighting in offices and plan to fully complete the installation by end of 2021. The new lighting is 70% more efficient.
- Investigate the use of more energy efficient HVAC plant and controls equipment to further reduce power consumption.
- During 2021+ through the introduction of more digital product solutions we plan to reduce our paper consumption further.
- We seek to introduce more office planting to improve the overall office environment and aid carbon reduction. Whilst we review our property portfolio and office space for future needs to ensure we are being as green as possible.
DECLARATION AND SIGN OFF
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain (Scope 3).
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors.
Signed on behalf of the Edenred (UK Group) Ltd:
Lee O’Connor, Operations Director, Edenred (UK Group) Ltd
Date: 31st May 2022