How to use your Incentive Award Card
Your MasterCard® Incentive Award Card is accepted at over 32 Million locations worldwide wherever the MasterCard® brand is accepted. It's a great way of spending your incentive awards, whether you want to book a holiday, dine at your favourite restaurant, go on a shopping trip or stock up at the supermarket.
How your Incentive Award Card works
Your card is a prepaid MasterCard® card with chip and PIN.
This means you can spend up to the balance on your card, and all transactions are authorised online at the point of sale.
Your card is personalised with your name. Your incentive provider will arrange for any awards that you’ve earned to be credited to your card. This may take place monthly or on an ad hoc basis.
Each time your card is credited you’ll receive a credit reload letter informing you of awards that have been credited to your card.
Activation and PIN
Your card must be activated before you can use it.
- You will receive a letter with an activation code by separate cover.
- Simply call Customer Services on 0843 453 5490* and select the ‘Card Activation’ option from the menu. You will then be asked to quote your 16 digit card number and the activation code detailed on your letter.
- You will be given a 4 digit PIN number.
- You are then free to use your card at any MasterCard® outlet.
See below for spending restrictions.
Please note that you should never reveal your PIN to anybody. We recommend that you record your PIN number separately from your card details. If you forget your PIN, you will need to call Customer Services. If you want to change your PIN to something more memorable you can do this at any UK Bank ATM.
Using your card
- You can use your card for shopping at home and abroad and to pay for goods online and over the phone. When shopping online or over the phone please select the card type as MasterCard®.
- You can use your card for full or part payment. If you use your card for part payment, make sure that you inform the cashier of the exact amount to deduct from your MasterCard® Incentive Award Card, ensuring that this amount is less than or equal to the available balance. If you don’t have sufficient funds available on your card, the transaction will be rejected. You can then use any other form of payment, i.e. cash/debit card/credit card to pay the remaining balance.
- You can check your balance at any time by clicking login on the top right of the homepage then clicking 'Incentive Award Card' or by calling Customer Services on 0843 453 5490*. This is also the number to use to report your card lost or stolen.
- You can also view your transaction history by using the login button on the top right of the homepage then clicking 'Incentive Award Card'. This facility is only available on the website.
Your MasterCard® Incentive Award Card cannot be used for the following purposes:
- to buy fuel in the form of petrol, diesel, oil or any other primary source of power
- to obtain cash, foreign currency or travellers’ Cheques
- to obtain cash back from a merchant
- to settle outstanding balances on credit cards, bank overdrafts or credit agreements
- to set up direct debits
- to guarantee or cash a cheque
- for online gambling and betting transactions
- for any purpose that will exceed the available credit on your card.
Card fees Merchant transaction fee FREE
Phone balance enquiry FREE
Internet balance enquiry FREE
Replacement card £10.00
Foreign Exchange fee 4%
You cannot make any top ups to the Incentive Award Card yourself. The Company that gave you the card may choose to load additional funds to it at a later date, or it may be loaded just once depending on the type of award you are due to receive.
The MasterCard® Incentive Award Card cannot be used in payment for goods and services unless there is sufficient prepaid balance on your card.
Lost and Stolen reporting
In the event of loss or theft of your card, please call Customer Services immediately on 0843 453 5490*. You will be asked to quote your name, address and card number. You may be held liable for purchases drawn on your card up to the time you report its loss. Since your card number will become invalid as soon as you report your card lost or stolen, please make sure that if it is subsequently found you destroy it by cutting it in half horizontally through the hologram.
The MasterCard® Incentive Award Card is managed by Edenred (UK Group) Ltd.
This card is issued on behalf of PrePay Solutions Ltd by Clydesdale Bank PLC pursuant to license by MasterCard® International or its affiliates.